Appointments/Telephone calls/Messages for your GP
Our telephone lines are extremely busy first thing in the mornings, especially on a Monday and during lunchtimes. If your matter is not urgent you can use e-Consult or try later during the day when the phones should be less busy. Please also listen to the options and choose the correct department for your needs. Your call will be held in a queue and answered when possible.
We are committed to providing a rapid service to our patients, but this is leading to our GPs being overloaded with requests from patients. So that we can deal with your queries more effectively we are instigating a new system.
If you ask for an appointment then our Reception staff will ask you for information regarding your request. They are doing this because the doctors have asked them to; in order that any emergency calls can be given priority, and other calls can be dealt with appropriately, it may be that your query can be dealt with by another member or the team without the need to speak with your GP. Please do assist us by stating the reason for your call and choosing the correct telephone option.
1 for Reception and 2 for Secretaries (reports and referral queries)
TUESDAY 27TH APRIL - Surgery afternoon closure
The surgery will be closed from 12.30pm on Tuesday 27th April for staff training. If you have medical need, please call 111.
CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS -
We will be contacting patients by text or by telephone. Please do not contact the surgery for an appointment unless asked to do so. All of our vaccinations will take place at the SAXONBURY House Surgery, Croft Road, Crowborough. We cannot book you in to the Ticehurst Vaccination Site - please see below.
Ticehurst Village Hall Vaccination Site
We are receiving a large number of calls about the Ticehurst Village Hall Site.
- The Ticehurst Village Hall site is a Pharmacy led site, we do not have access to slots there and cannot book patients into them. Our Receptionists cannot help with queries regarding the site as it is not linked to Wadhurst Medical Group.
- We are part of the High Weald Primary Care Network and our vaccinations are at the designated site of Saxonbury House Surgery in Crowborough
- It is our understanding that the Ticehurst site will be linked in from some GP Practices on the Kent border whose PCN (Primary Care Network) have not been successful in finding another approved site together with the NHS National Booking System.
- The National Booking System can only be accessed if you have received an NHS letter when your cohort is ready to be called up, these letters will not be coming from Wadhurst or Ticehurst Surgery you will be contacted by telephone from our Surgeries and offered a Crowborough Appointment.
- The Ticehurst site will still be working through the national set cohorts just as we have to.
Health and Care Workforce Covid Vaccinations 12/1/2021
All health and care workers in Sussex are able to book a vaccination at one of the six hospital-based vaccination sites across Sussex. This includes:
All NHS staff from primary (including general practice and general dental practice), community and secondary care.
Staff of independent and third sector health providers.
Care and care home staff in public, private and not for profit sectors
Health and Care workers can follow the link below to book an appointment:
Please ask your employer to email the surgery to confirm you are a healthcare worker.
Please do not contact the Saxonbury Surgery for an appointment
The Crowborough vaccinations will be at Saxonbury House practice in Croft Road as only one centre is currently possible in any locality.
There has been a considerable amount of work involved to set up this centre and all the GPs in the locality are working together to enable vaccination as quickly as stocks will allow.
NHSE have given practices a list of priorities for the Vaccination and full details are available at:
We will telephone patients with an allocated appointment time and to explain the process. As part of that conversation we will ask some questions and collect some additional information from you to complete the process.
On the day of your Vaccination please do not arrive at Saxonbury House Surgery more than 5 minutes before your appointment time as queuing will be outside because of social distancing. There is NO opportunity to vaccinate earlier than your appointment time because of the process we have to follow.
Parking will be at the Waitrose Car Park (Thank you to Waitrose for their help) so please allow time to walk from the Waitrose car park.
We can only schedule appointments when we have vaccine delivery dates and we will contact patients as soon as we can.
Thank you for your help
PHYSIO APPOINTMENTS - at Rotherfield Surgery
We are very glad to be able to book patients to the 'First Contact Physio' who is based at Rotherfield Surgery. This gives you faster access to expert diagnosis and you’ll leave with the advice and exercises you need to start tackling the problem. Please ask to be referred to the Physio if you are calling for:
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries • Arthritis • Problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bones, eg tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains • Spinal problems including lower back, mid-back and neck pain • Spinal-related pain in arms or legs, including nerve symptoms, eg pins and needles or numbness • Post-orthopaedic surgery
Please dress as if you were seeing a GP.