Wadhurst Medical Group
Practice Privacy Notice Short Form
Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records.
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you (de-identified); is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- Sometimes your information may be requested to be used for research purposes – the surgery will always gain your consent before releasing the information for this purpose.
For more information please read the full Privacy notice. A copy is attached below.
Practice Privacy Notice
“This practice is supporting vital coronavirus (COVID-19) planning and research by sharing your data with NHS Digital. For more information about this see: